So you are having a baby, or already have one, and you are overwhelmed by all of the baby items. What do you really need? What can you live with out? Do they really need ALL of the things on the registry list? How do you know which brand to buy? What works the best?
The questions that come along with preparing for a baby are endless. I remember a year ago when my husband and I were preparing our registry we looked at car seats for an hour. Just car seats. It was intense to say the least.
Today I’m putting together a list of the top ten baby items you desperately need. These items were game changers for us in the first few months with our little guy and I’m hoping that this list alleviates some of the stress you may be feeling.Affiliate links included in this post 🙂
- The Milk Snob Nursing Cover was a life-saver! I was so self-conscious about nursing with people around but this cover kept me completely covered and stress free! It also was great for keeping baby boy covered so that germs wouldn’t get him when we went for those first few doctor’s appointments. Every new mom needs a couple of these even if you aren’t breastfeeding. It’s the perfect baby cover!
2. The Graco Dream Suite Bassinet was the absolute best bassinet! We loved that it had wheels just like the bassinet at the hospital. We could roll Bryton around to any room with no problems. Also, it turns over into a changing table! It’s the perfect little baby station! I would roll him right up next to our bed at night and could see him through the mesh sides. I was so sad when he outgrew it! 🙁
3. Swaddling a newborn baby is a tricky skill to learn. My husband tried to master it, but I never could. When we did finally get baby B swaddled, he would break free. He was a strong little thing. The SwaddleMe Original Swaddle Blankets fixed this problem! These velcro swaddle blankets would keep little man nice and cozy the entire time he slept. Game Changer!
4. The Graco SnugRide Click Connect Infant Car Seat was perfect because it clicked easily into all of our cars without having to re-install it each time! We made sure that all of the grandparents had a base too! If you get one of these carseats, it will come with one base, but you will need additional bases for each car. You can order the click connect base here: Graco SnugRide Click Connect 30/35 LX Infant Car Seat Base, Black by Graco
5. We also loved our Graco Click Connect Stroller because our carseat fit down into it perfectly. When I was on Maternity Leave, I would take little man to the park to walk before lunch. This was such a great way for me to get a little sunshine. 🙂
6. White noise was such an important part of trying to keep our little guy to sleep. It drowns out the outside noise. We love our Skip Hop Moonlight & Melodies Nightlight Soother-Owl! This cute little white noise machine has 8 different sounds and also has built in night lights for those late night feedings! Win-win!
7. When we began transitioning to the crib, I needed to be able to see and hear my baby boy. I’m sure you can relate. I checked our Summer Infant PANORAMA Digital Color Video Baby Monitor the WHOLE TIME. I loved being able to see Bryton from the other room!
8.We love our WubbaNub Pacifier. At first I really wasn’t sure if I would useit very much. But the older Bryton got, the more he loved it! I’m so glad we received one at our shower!
9. I thought that I wanted a Bumbo Seat but then we received a Summer Infant 3-Stage SuperSeat as a gift and I’m so glad we did! This little seat has removable attachments and a removable tray. It’s more than just a seat and our little man has gotten so much use out of it.
10. The last item on the list is the Fisher-Price On-the-Go Baby Dome! I have had so many people ask me where I got this! It is literally the best item for busy families on the go. We have a Traditional Pack ‘N Play that we use at home, but it was so tedious to take down and put back up. The travel dome can be carried with one hand and set up literally takes seconds. We love it!
There you have it! I don’t know how we would have made it these last seven months without these baby items! They seriously have made this parenthood thing so much easier!
What is your favorite baby item? Leave a comment below!
Share this post with your tribe 🙂